Marriage Affairs – Learning How To Deal With The Hurt and Pain Of Infidelity and Build A Stronger Marriage
I’m sorry you are looking for information regarding how to deal with infidelity and marriage affairs but I’m confident that what you are about to learn will help you deal with the hurt, anger, frustration and possible embarrassment you are feeling right now because of a broken commitment your spouse made.
First, I must tell you that despite the feelings and emotions you are dealing with it doesn’t mean that your marriage has to end. There are many who choose to end their marriage after such a trust is broken but so many couples are able to repair their marriage and in many instances end up with a stronger relationship.
I understand that when you first learn that your spouse has been unfaithful and cheated on you it feels like all of the air has been sucked out of the room. You really feel like you have been run over by an 18 wheeler and there is no way you can get back up on your feet.
After you settle down and begin to put things into perspective, you begin to wonder if your marriage can survive the unthinkable act of unfaithfulness. You have a glimmer of hope in your heart but there is no getting past the sickness, disgust and other feelings you have at this moment right?
Well, although the future or your marriage looks dark and gloomy there is a little bit of goods news and that is that if you really decide that you want to save your marriage there are steps you can take to repair your marriage after an affair. I’m sure you know already that it won’t be easy but I can assure you that if you can make the effort (as a couple) to move forward with your marriage you can end up stronger than ever.
I know it doesn’t make sense right now because it’s hard to get past the hurt and pain and disbelief you are feeling. I hope that you can take a step of faith and trust me that you can get past this problem in your marriage. If I didn’t believe you could I wouldn’t be trying to help you.
So how do you learn how to deal with infidelity and replace the hurt, pain and anger you are feeling with renewed love and commitment?
You make a commitment as a couple to move forward and although you can’t change the past and the broken trust you can rebuild your marriage and make it better than before. You now have the opportunity to fix the problems in you marriage that contributed to the infidelity and build boundaries so that it doesn’t happen again.
How To Deal With Infidelity and Get Past the Broken Trust Of Marriage Affairs?
- Don’t make any rash decision about ending your marriage at this time because your spouse has cheated. It will take patience and restraint on your part but refrain from packing up, moving out and filing for divorce.
- Understand that the feelings or emotions you may be feeling (rage, shock, fear, pain, depression or confusion) are normal.
- Feel free to engage your spouse in discussion about the affair to try to get some of your questions answered. Your spouse may not be able to tell you exactly why they had the affair because he or she may not really know. Please note that it might take a little while to get all your questions answered to your satisfaction.
The last suggestion I would make is that you don’t try to get through this on your own. There are a lot of steps you must take in order to get past the unfaithfulness and be able to not just survive the infidelity but have a stronger relationship.
There is a program I came across that simply helps you put all the pieces back together. I have yet to come across such a complete program that deals with the matters of the heart and the mind. I can’t imagine a couple willing to heal their marriage not doing so by using the expertise and steps laid out by someone who has been helping couples overcome infidelity for over 30 years.
I’m not saying you can’t fix your broken marriage on your own. However, if you are struggling then please don’t go it alone. You can get help in these three key areas;
Phase I: Individual Healing – Understanding Personal Feelings and Sorting through Emotions
- Take control of the paralyzing emotions.
- Regain your sense of stability and get rid of the images.
- Eliminate the paranoia and restore your self-confidence.
- Cut-off the affair and move back to your spouse.
- Replace the lies with truth and start over.
- Understand why the affair happened.
- Uncover what was missing and how to add it.
Phase II: Healing As a Couple – Working Together to Identify and Resolve Key Issues
- Accelerate the healing process: Protect your relationship from further harm.
- Discover how to talk about the details.
- Transform your relationship with a heart-felt apology.
- Generate new honest communication.
- Ignite a renewed life-long commitment.
- Capture peace of mind with true forgiveness.
Phase III: Negotiating a Renewed Relationship – Understanding How to Rebuild and Sustain a New Trust-filled Partnership
- Eliminate the suspicion with complete transparency.
- Restore your sex life without haunting visions.
- Affair-proof your marriage for life.
- Develop lasting safety, honesty and intimacy.
- Accept the past without being tormented